De BKSA does Shotokan Karate and follow the methodology from Kase Ha Shotokan Ryu Karate-Do Academy (KSKA).
All members should be active karate practitioners, even people with an administrative function.
There is also a Kobudo section with examination regulations.
Conditions for taking Dan-exams:
- Club must be connected to the BKSA for at least 2 years
- Candidate must be at least 2 years BKSA member
- BKSA regulations to participate KSKA Dan-degree exam compliance: link
- KSKA regulations to participate in KSKA Dan-degree exam compliance: link
- Examination program KSKA Dan degree: link
- From 3rd Dan one is obliged to become a member of the KSKA
Conditions for affiliation and membership:
- The clubs must follow the line and the methodology of the BKSA
- The responsibility lies here with the club trainers
- The annual club and member contributions pay for 01/04 of each year
- Non-payment of the annual contribution may result in exclusion as a member and loss of the BKSA benefits
KASE HA SHOTOKAN RYU KARATE-DO ACADEMY
It is an academy for higher graduates and trainers who practice SHOTOKAN style (minimum sandan).The need to develop further after the competition period (after 35 years) through the karate practice and the further development and development of the style group is the foundation.
The life-time character is emphasized in the methodology.
As a guideline, the traditional Shotokan style is followed according to FUNAKOSHI GICHIN and his son YOSHITAKA.The academy aims to add and update new tendencies and findings of modern movement theory and sports agogics to the traditional style.
Training of practitioners to the level of third party (lecturer: Sensei).
Further development of teachers through regular training and further training.
Development of the life-time character of karate practice.
Training and methodology
Phase 1: Basic training until 1st Dan ---> 5 to 6 years
Focus on the physical and the mental.
Develop strength, speed and coordination like traditional karate schools.
Distinction in practicing:
- TEN NO KATA
- TAIKYOKU SHODAN, NIDAN, SANDAN
- URA KATA'S from third Kyu.
KIHON & KUMITE:
- FUDO DACHI stand from third Kyu.
Phase 2: Training until 3rd Dan ---> 10 to 12 years
Various breathing techniques and combat exercise.
Different KAMAEs (starting positions) for defense and attack.
Lateral and diagonal displacement techniques.
Development of round techniques (UCHI-WAZA) and open-hand techniques.
Teaching karate throws.
Timing and displacement strategies (SEITEI / HENTEI) - (NANAME-YOKERU-KOTO)
- Practicing the GO-NO-KATA form.
- Knowledge of BUNKAI (use of self-defense techniques).
Phase 3 : Training from 3rd Dan on ---> Life time
Learning to deal with and develop energy forms:
- Internal energy: AI: direct and develop the physical energy flux in defense and attack.
- HARA: Centering energy and becoming aware.
- External energy: learning to recognize and use cosmic (air) and earth energy as a physical and mental field of work and as a strategy.
Knowledge of the deeper values of the KATAs:
- to the energetic level (VITAL POINTS, MERIDIANS)
- to the symbolic level (PHILOSOPHY, HISTORY)
Executing ENBU-KUMITE with one or more opponents.